Background & Qualifications
- Trained at a top 25 law firm in London, gained a variety of corporate and commercial experience
- Three-year stint working for a boutique intellectual property law firm in Beijing, where responsibilities included explaining domestic procedure and providing clients with strategic advice on protecting and exploiting their IP rights
- Joined Briffa as an Associate
A particular highlight came in advising a longstanding client in relation to a ‘David v Goliath’ copyright infringement case and securing a successful outcome in their favour via mediation (thereby avoiding lengthy and expensive Court proceedings).
Memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- China Britain Business Council
“The best part about my job is getting to meet creative individuals working across a diverse set of industries on a daily basis: no one day is the same!
It has been a real joy to watch clients join us as a start-up and then helping them on their journey from scale-ups to SMEs and beyond (some of whom have now grown into household names).”
– Tom Synott